The new NIOSH government CBRN standard for full-facepiece gas masks was
issued on March 7, 2003. After extensive testing to that standard, MSA's
Millennium® CBRN Gas Mask was first to receive NIOSH certification as
"compliant against CBRN."
A Hycar version of the reliable military-style gas mask (MCU-2/P Mask,
used by U.S. Air Force in Desert Storm) that combines high performance,
customized fit, comfort, and cost efficiency.
• Flexible, 1-piece polyurethane lens with wide field of vision is
bonded to durable Hycar rubber facepiece.
• Dual-canister mount allows weapon sighting from either shoulder
• Drinking tube provides connection for fluid ingestion in contaminated
• Fully elastic, 6-point head harness promotes easy on/off and adjustment,
with no hair pulling
• Internal nose cup with 2 check valves deflects air from the lens,
• CBRN canister containing chemical sorbents and a P100 filter to attract,
retain, and neutralize contaminants
• Standard mechanical speaking diaphragm included, or add MSAs optional
ESP® II Communications System
• Optional butyl-coated nylon hood for total head protection
• NIOSH-approved (No. TC-14G-0270) for protection at a CBRN Cap 1 rating
Regarding interoperability, the Millennium CBRN Gas Mask is designed to
be used as a system; and while the thread and gasket meet the specs of the
standard, only MSA-manufactured components are tested and certified as